Hang on Tight!

  I have engraved you in the palms of My Hands.


 Open your hands. What are they full of? If you're like most people, they're filled with housework, homework or a child's hand.

Open your hands. We carry life's burdens around, when we should be handing them over to God's care.

Open your hands. Holding on so tight to the things of this earth; time, money and people can never truly be ours.

 Open your hands. Your life doesn't belong to you. It is a precious gift from God, given for a limited engagement.

 Why do we hang on so tight? What is most prized now will not be vital or treasured or even remembered in the life to come. Open your hands, and consider what you hold.

 Isaiah 65:17 (KJV) For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I'm glad to report that the insomnia is mostly gone now. I'm still battling some depression days, but they seem to be farther apart. The stress of my demanding job is hard, but the people I'm working for and with are wonderful, so I will persevere.

***

Notable Quote:

"A man may lose the good things of this life against his will; but if he loses the eternal blessings, he does so with his own consent."--Augustine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward