A Month of Gratitude: Embracing Prayer

Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Mom and I took our annual road trip to the University of Missouri last week, and it gave me a chance to reconnect with her. We laugh, talk, eat, talk, drive and talk some more. The Hubster teases us about how much we talk. It's a mom-and-daughter thing. Although we do lots of fun things together, prayer is my favorite thing to do with my mom.

There's just something so special about joining hearts and hands together in prayer. It is a time of sharing and intimacy that brings us closer to each other, and our Savior. I treasure every moment. Mom is an incredibly special person. She's always been my mom; now she's my friend and prayer partner.

After attending the scholarship banquet Thursday night, we changed into pj's and settled into bed. I read aloud from a devotion I receive via email and then we took time to approach God's Throne. There were some people and situations on both our hearts and we brought those petitions to Jesus' feet. Sitting close and holding hands, we bowed our heads, seeking guidance and grace. He was near.

Joined hands.
Joined hearts.

Quiet minds.
Quiet spirits.

Joyous voices.
Joyous souls.

Gather and pray, friends. He is near.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I'm scheduled to have my portacatheter removed on Friday, December 6. Please remember to pray for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

***

Notable Quote:

Trouble and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away trouble and perplexity.--Philip Melanchthon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward