A Month of Gratitude: Embracing the Future

Female in Motion moves toward the future with hope!
Lamentations 3:21-26 (KJV) This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

The Hubster and I have a family meeting every year on New Year's Day. We sit at the dining room table and write down our goals for the next 12 months, review last year's objectives and take a look at the progress we've made on our long-term targets.

Let's just say that this was a "rebuilding" year. We took a big hit financially and had to slice expenses to the bone. That being said, The Hubster and I have a lot to anticipate. Our business is slowly growing again and my health is back on track.

Regardless of what happens in the year to come, I have peace in my heart and hope in my soul. Hope can be audacious and liberating, powerful and confident. My dreams have wings, because of hope. They soar on the winds of God's promises.

God is in your corner. Who can stand against you?
God is ever faithful. Who on earth can give that kind of guarantee?
God's mercy never ends. Who else would forgive all your mistakes?

When you lay hold of those precious promises, and claim them for your own, it imparts bold passion for life, for the future, and a bright hope.

Dare to dream.
Dare to love big.
Dare to burn down your fears.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: My feet are doing better. I have more good days than bad. And I'm losing a bit of weight, which helps the feet, too.

***

Notable Quote:

"He that lives in hope dances without music."--George Herbert

Comments

My dad always said, if you have your health nothing can stop you. I feel this is very true for you.

Love the Hubster name.

I think a New Year's Day Family Meeting is perfect. Maybe my husbster and I will do it. Can you babysit the kids after your meeting?????

Happy Thanksgiving.
Wish I was closer, and I would babysit for you, Mayor! We had our girls join in the meeting, too. They got to make their own goals and report on their progress. And they enjoyed contributing to what our family goals would be. You might try it when your kids get to school age. Happy Thanksgiving!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward