A Month of Gratitude: Embracing Change




Isaiah 46:9 (KJV) Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.


As we drove home from church last Sunday, The Hubster and I enjoyed the fashion show that God is hosting. The trees were a myriad of fall colors: russet, bright orange, yellow...there was even a neon pink redbud! This spectacle won't last long; the seasons change so quickly.

This season of change applies to my life, as well. I am no longer identified as a cancer patient, or even a cancer warrior. I am a survivor, and put that chapter behind me. My hair is getting longer every day and soon I'll have my portacatheter removed.

Work for me now is nothing like before. I'm in a large office, full of people. For 15 years, I was alone at home. While my previous schedule was not terribly demanding, I am pulling 10-hour days and weekends. My brain is stretched and filled to capacity with much new knowledge.

God never changes. His love is steadfast...unmovable. When everything around us is a swirling, chaotic mess, our Father raises His hands to calm the storm. The wind and the waves obey His voice. Life is transitory; we are so very mortal. Just when we get a handle on something, our existence takes a u-turn. Hold fast to Him.

He is forever faithful. 
He is forever.
He is.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: My feet and legs feel better every day. I am moving more; eating less.

***

Notable Quote:

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."--G.K. Chesterton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward