The Gifts That Breast Cancer Gave Me

God gave me beautiful jewels during my cancer journey.
My breast cancer journey is almost at a close. In the last year and a half, God gave me some precious gifts. I thought I would just bear down, and tough out this cancer battle, instead I have found delicate and multi-faceted jewels placed in my path.

Rest: I didn't ever sit and get quiet until I was forced to with cancer. Seems like I always had something to do, or somewhere to be. Now, I have to schedule in those quiet times to relax my mind and gather my senses.

Prayer: I've always considered myself a prayer person, but I really became a warrior during my cancer journey. Not how you think, though. I was praying for others, not myself. There are so many around us that are suffering. Achieving a deeper level of worship and prayer makes me hungry for more.

Humility: I realized early on that I had very human limits. My body simply gave out when it had enough. There are lovely, kind people in my life who stepped up to the plate. They ministered to me, body and soul. I'm used to being the helper; I learned to accept assistance.

Joy: I am content with my life. Having an opportunity to explore the possibilities of my existence gave great perspective. Circumstances are not perfect, but they never are. My life is abundantly blessed by God. I am ever grateful.

I'm taking a moment to reflect and give thanks for the gifts of rest, prayer, humility and joy. Thank you, Father!

***

I am returning to Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL, tomorrow. Tests and scans will be done on Wednesday. Please keep me and the winter weather situation in your prayers. God bless you!

***

Notable Quote:

Proverbs 17:8 (KJV)
A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.



Comments

How lovely that you've noticed all the jewels God has placed in your life during some difficult times. I'm praying for a safe trip and for good test results. God bless!
Thanks, Nancy! God has been so good to me and I will continue to lift His Name. My tests came back clear. I'm cancer free!
Love the jewels. I am so joyed to hear your good news this week.
Thank you for your support, Mayor!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward