Breast Cancer: Living Beyond My Circumstances

Female in Motion at the Arkansas City Relay for Life 2013
 John 10:10 (NKJV) The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.


When my doctor told me I had breast cancer, I went into battle mode, full force. The Hubster and I prayed about it, then got a plan together. I went from doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital, until I found the best fit for me. Here's the interesting part...I kept right on with my life. I still worked, grocery shopped, did my laundry and paid my bills.

Cancer was part of my life, but it didn't take over. What are your circumstances? Is there something that makes you want to stop trying?

I wish I could whisper this truth in your ear.

                                                       You. Can. Live. Abundantly.

You are not alone. There is significance and joy to be had in every day, good or bad. God will be in every one of those moments. Be secure in His presence, no matter what you face.

I've said it before, my faith simply wraps itself around everything I write and I consider it my mission to encourage women around me to seek God's will for their lives.

 This is my time. I was born to be on earth at this moment; to walk through a cancer journey and write these words to you. Take them...and walk on.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update:  Last week, I was released by my physical therapist. That doesn't mean I'm 100 percent better, or that I can quit doing the exercises. It just means she did everything she could for me, and saw I was making good progress. I will continue the exercise three times a day for another month, then check back with my primary care doctor.

***

Notable Quote:

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."--Nido Qubein, motivational speaker

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
Yes! "Breast cancer was a part of my life, but it didn't take over." Yes, again! I kept on teaching 2nd grade throughout chemo. Tough, but not impossible. I was very proud of myself--I didn't take much time off during my treatment. I had a life to live!
Truth, Ginny Marie! It felt wonderful to do normal things during treatment.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward