Rejoice!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-23 (KJV)
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesyings.
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.





I've been studying Paul's letters to the church at Thessalonica. These instructions, posted above, spoke to me, so I'll be sharing my thoughts on them for the next few weeks. Hope you don't mind.

Rejoice evermore.

Jenn on The House FM was talking about contagious joy today. She said we should share the joy that's in our hearts and not be stingy with it.

Some people think I'm a bit of a Pollyanna, always seeing the good side of things. I've been through some hard things in my life, (haven't we all?) but I can see God's Hand, leading me through.  The source of my happiness is not situational. It's much simpler. My faith gives me joy.

I could sit in a corner somewhere, dissolving into a puddle of tears, but what good would that do? When I live a life that is me-centered, it is a selfish life. Christ only asks us to serve others, to help, to live a generous life.

Try expanding the circle of your influence. Smile at a stranger. Hold a door for someone. Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru. See how the ripples widen.

Praise God, and watch what happens.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I am huffing and puffing my way through 20 minutes of disco aerobics on weekdays. I'm praying it will get easier, with time, and will reap rewards of weight loss, too.

***

Notable Quote:

"If you are not as close to God as you used to be, who moved?"--Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward