Pray Without Ceasing

Last week, I started a Scripture Series based on I Thessalonians 5:16-23.


I was blessed to have a whole bunch of people praying for me in the last year and a half. I felt every one. It is an amazing feeling, knowing that you are completely covered in prayers from God's people. Now it is time for me to return the favor. There is someone I love who is suffering. Instead of feeling helpless, I can take action. I can pray.

Praying is something I have developed over the years. When I was a kid, I only prayed if I was in a tight spot or really wanted something badly. After I became a Christian, I spent more and more time in prayer, as I realized it made things happen. Today, I have a near-constant exchange with the Savior.

I know this about prayer:


It is powerful.                              It is intimate.                                      It changes things.


Here's a tip on how to incorporate more prayer into your day. Retrain your brain. When thoughts of a certain person you are concerned about or a specific need or worry spring into your mind, focus and say a quick prayer. It doesn't matter what else you're doing: dishes, driving, or working. There's no need to bow your head, close your eyes and get on your knees.

At the end of the day, when you pile up all the tiny prayers you said, they're pretty substantial. In addition, pick a quiet time of the day when you can have a real heart-to-heart with God. Grab a cup of coffee and your Bible first thing in the morning. Set your alarm clock 15 minutes early. I'm not a morning person, so I stay up 15-20 minutes later than The Hubster. Go for a walk during your lunch hour and commune with Christ.

Be intentional, and you will realize the life-changing properties of prayer.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four disco aerobic workouts last week, and physical therapy on my calf tendons six times. My feet and calves are still very sore, but the more I work them, the better it feels.

***

Notable Quote:

"God warms His hands at man's heart when he prays."--John Masefield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward