Thanks for the Prayers!

"We got it all." That's what the surgeon told my family on Friday afternoon, after my breast cancer surgery. Since that time, I've been focused on feeling better and resting. Even a minor procedure seems to take a lot out of you. My friends and family have been gathered around to take care of me. I feel blessed and humbled. My body is pretty beat up, as I knew it would be. I am bruised, swollen, and sore. I am also relieved, relaxed and hopeful. It will be a few weeks before I feel one hundred percent healthy again. This is where I need to be patient with myself and take it slow. Work will wait. My daughters and The Hubster have been wonderful to help with housework, shopping, cleaning and meals. My job is to rest, they've said. I feel like a celebrity in a five-star resort, and the best part is I get to sleep in my own comfy bed. A girl could get used to this kind of spoiling! To each one of you who took time out to pray for me, to send positive thoughts my way, to mail a card, Facebook message or email, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I felt a profound sense of peace throughout the day on Friday, and I know that prayer surrounded me. One hurdle is done. Now, I have to face the pathology reports and subsequent treatment. I know I can do that, with God's help. He's been with me, every step. I can feel Him; no doubts at all. *** Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 30-minute disco aerobic sessions last week. I wanted to be prepared physically for the surgery. It will help my body recover. *** Notable Quote: 1 Chronicles 16:34 (KJV) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Comments

LaDonna said…
So glad everything went well! You are blessed to have your family to care for you, love you and pray for you. You have been brought to my mind several times and at all hours of day and night. It just should show you how he has brought out his line of defense on your behalf! Take care, friend, and be well.
LaDonna

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward