The Conversation


It starts like this: "Our dear and most Heavenly Father, thou art a righteous and holy God and in Thy Word Thou hast promised us 'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.'"

Or maybe it goes like this: "Dear Lord, I need a million dollars, a pony and a jet plane, right away!"

Or it could go like this: "Hey, Dude, what's happening?"

Do any of these prayers sound familiar? We all have different styles, but does this make any of these wrong? Nope. Prayer is something completely subjective. While some people feel more formal when addressing God, other folks like to keep it casual.

The heart of the matter is the conversation. Your Savior wants to hear from you. He wants to keep the communication going. He wants you to be yourself in your prayers. So whatever your prayer style, remember how much He loves you and wants to hear your voice.

When I spend time in prayer, I get the opportunity to unlock my heart, open it up and share it with Him. All the burdens, questions and faintest whispers I can't share with anyone but my Lord. It's my time to claim His promises, meant only for me. I used to pray exclusively for others, but recently I've started to pray for me. Strength, courage and words are three of the things I petition God for.

Want to hear the voice of God? Try using yours. He wants to hear from you. Isn't it time you had a conversation with Him?

***

I bought myself an early birthday gift. While totally out of character, this necklace spoke to me. The sterling silver bar has four words engraved on each side: created, chosen, celebrated and cherished. This inspirational piece from Dayspring is titled, "God's Heart for You." A small charm on the clasp reads Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

Claiming this promise for myself, I will remember each time I wear the necklace that God made me. Looking to Him, I can quiet the negative voices resonating in my mind.

***

Are you working on your Fantastic February "I Am" statements every day? I hope so, because one of you will win a $50 Target gift card when you send me your complete list. Make an "I Am" statement every day and let's stomp out insecurity forever. Keep watching my Facebook and Twitter pages for daily updates on my progress and a fresh Bible verse, too.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: Due to inclement weather last week, I walked 2.5 miles last week and did two 40-minute Wii workouts. Winter has finally struck Kansas!

***

Notable Quote:

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."--Muhammad Ali

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward