As Far As The East Is From The West


My church sends a check every month to a Hell's Angel. Well, he used to be a Hell's Angel. Now he's a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. Cool, huh? Talk about a radical conversion! This man left his past behind and walked forward into God's plan.

I wonder if the Japanese missionary is ever bothered by bad memories? I've worked out a great way to keep my past mistakes in the past. First, I ask myself some questions. Where is this bad memory coming from? Just because it's in your head, doesn't mean it came from you. It could be from the Father of Lies. Satan likes to keep you defeated.

Have you already prayed for forgiveness of this sin from the past? Then why dredge it up again? Dismiss it out of your mind. God has forgotten it. Jeremiah 31:34 says "...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Time for you to do the same. The Hubster likes to imagine himself blowing up the bad thoughts. Guys like to blow stuff up.

I'm a little less violent. I like to picture myself packing up those bad memories in a big black plastic bag and throwing them in the trash, where they belong. Make sure you get the lid on tight, too. I think that's the neatnik in me. I just can't help tidying up.

Make the second half of your life hopeful and powerful, adventurous and audacious. When you leave your past in the past, you will gain the confidence that God can use to accomplish more than you ever could have imagined. He doesn't want you to be perfect already, that's His job. So just be you. And let Him take care of the rest.

***

This is the last full week of Female in Motion's Fantastic February! Don't forget to send me your 29-day "I Am" list. My email address is: cjmartin62@yahoo.com. I will draw names for a $50 Target gift card on Monday, March 5, 2012.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did two 30-minute Wii workouts last week. Two days of snow and a bad case of cabin fever kept me from my normal exercise schedule. I'm determined to blow off the stink of winter this week. Wish me luck!

***

Notable Quote:

Psalm 103:11-12 (KJV)
11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward