Fall On Your Knees


I count on my knees. By that, I mean that I do a lot of things involving my knees: exercising, hauling laundry and groceries upstairs, scrubbing tubs and floors and loads of praying. (I'm Baptist, people!)

Growing up a tomboy, I did lots of sports and physical stuff. I did bike stunts, played tennis, soccer on both girls and boys teams, ran track, hiked and played powder puff football. Most of the years while my daughters were young, I spent on my knees playing and helping and staying on their level. All of these activities wreaked havoc on my poor old knees.

In the Bible, it speaks of King Solomon spending time on his knees, praying, with his hands lifted up to heaven. David and Daniel, the prophet, also worshipped this way. The book of Judges tells of the soldiers in Gideon's army bowing down on their knees to drink water before facing the walls of Jericho.

As I age, my knees have started to creak when I stand and give a little when I climb the stairs, but it's not a problem. Taking glucosamine and chrondroitin and exercising helps. I will continue to use my knees and be grateful for every day the good Lord gives me.

Philippians 2:10-11 (KJV)
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


***

Next month is Fantastic February with Female in Motion! Be sure to read every blog post in February. I'm going to have cool and life-changing activities and a big surprise giveaway. Don't miss it!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: The odyssey has begun! On Monday, I ran .25 miles. On Tuesday, I walked .50 miles. On Wednesday, I walked a whole mile! On Thursday and Friday, the weather was freezing, so I did yoga and aerobics on the Wii. A good week, all told!

***

Notable Quote:

"If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you to go on in spite of all."--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward