The Perfection of Imperfection


2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


The headline on my blog reads, "This blog contains the rantings of a middle-aged crazy lady, sharing her imperfect life to show others God's perfect love." It's the truth. My life is a long way from perfect. God loves me anyway. That's how I know that He is real.

When Buddhist monks paint, they leave a tiny spot blank somewhere on the canvas. They make it imperfect on purpose. Of course, nobody's perfect. Not even close. Only God is God. We are all vulnerable, weak, imperfect. That way, when God works through us, we'll know that all our accomplishments are not under our own steam. It's God's doing.

A wise man said, "let go and let God." If we worked a little less at making everything just so, God might be able to do something really special through us. We could be a conduit of His love and mercy. I would much rather be used of God, than all used up.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four disco aerobic workouts last week. The part for my Wii finally arrived last weekend. I got right back on it this morning!

***

Notable Quote:

"Jesus--He came not to a throne, but to a manger. He lived not as a king, but as a servant. He chose not a kingdom, but a cross. He gave not just a little, but everything."--Holley Gerth, Dayspring writer

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward