2012, Here I Come!



As you know, I don't make New Year's resolutions. (I wrote about it here: http://www.fim-carol.blogspot.com/2008/01/resolutions-schmezolutions.html.) It's a self-defeating and guilt-producing practice for me. So I simply say that in 2012 I will love God more than last year. Following are my tips for keeping my resolution on track next year:

Get a plan. In order for me to love God more in 2012 than 2011, I want to get to know Him better. (You can put your own idea in there.) I'm going to start slow by adding time spent with Him into my daily/weekly/monthly schedule. If I start slowly, I can build up to a thundering crescendo!

Find a life verse. My 2012 Life Verse is: 1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Spend time with the Savior. I am building up my prayer time, adding minutes in the morning during my devotions. Maybe I can slip more into my day, too, during exercise and household chores. Studying the Bible will give God ways to reveal Himself to me. God honors the time I spend with His people, so I'll find ways to do that. I'll blog more about this as the year progresses.

Forgive yourself. There are times when I'm not going to meet my goals, or days when I forget to pray or study my Bible. Hopefully those days will be few and far-between. When I do falter, I'm going to be gentle on myself. I will talk to God about it and then I will forgive myself, as hard as that is for me to do.

Whatever you decide to do in 2012, resolution or not, I pray that you will remember that God is beside you. You'll never be in the dark with the Light of the World by your side. Do your best...and don't beat yourself up when you don't.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did three 40-minute Wii workouts last week. I received an MP3 player from The Hubster for Christmas, so I hope to start road-running soon. I'll keep you posted.

***

Notable Quote:

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential."--Ellen Goodman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward