Sitting at the Kid's Table


I used to belong to a very exclusive secret club. Well, not so much of a secret, as merely unknown. I was a member in good standing of...the kid's table.

My family tried to spend Thanksgiving with their families in Hale, MO. This tiny village in north central Missouri contained the clans of both my parents, so it was relatively (ha!) easy to split time between the two. Turkey Day festivities included a huge feast at both homes. As always, there were two tables, the adult table and the kid's table.

We had fun, my cousins and I, sitting at the kid's table, but we always dreamed of being somewhere else, being called to the big table, just like a rookie pitcher being called up from the farm team to the big league game. I wanted to sit at my place with the adults, enjoying the meal, jokes, memories and each other.

One day there will be a great feast in Heaven, and on that day, everyone will gather around that big table, and our Heavenly Father will sit at the head, and our Lord and Savior will sit on His right side. We will take our places at that table. And we will eat our fill.

Happy Thanksgiving!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 40-minute workouts last week. Jogging two times @ 2 miles each, yoga and strength training twice @ 20 minutes each, aerobics and balance games four times @ 20 minutes each. Not much movement on the bathroom scale, but my balance, posture and muscle tone is improving.

***

Notable Quote:

Revelation 19:17 (KJV)

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said…
The kids table is one of my fondest memories. The cousins were what made it so much fun. Our fellowship together and with Christ will make heaven a joy.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward