Heavenly Heritage


Ezekiel 36:26 (KJV)
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.


I had a happy childhood. My folks loved each other and their four kids. I always knew my parents loved me and put their family first. Before the sappy-o-meter hits overload, I'll tell you my youth wasn't perfect, but it was a lot better than others.

Some kids didn't grow up in a warm, loving home. They had problems. Lots of them. And when they grew up, they had a lot of overcoming to do. They had two choices, rise above their raising, or use it as an excuse to blame all their bad choices on.

When you ask Jesus to come into your heart, there is a change, a chance to start over. Even if your pedigree was less than perfect, you are now part of God's heavenly heritage. Don't let your past make you bitter. Move forward with the proud assurance that you are part of a new family, a royal dynasty.

Does that mean you have to forget all about the evil that was done to you? With God's help, you can put the past behind you and move forward towards your God-given destiny. There may be someone out there who needs the word of blessing that only you can provide. Don't be stingy, put on your royal robes and get out there!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did five 40-minute workouts last week. Jogging: three times @ 2 miles per session, aerobics and balance games: five times @ 20 minutes each, and yoga and strengthening: two times @ 10 minutes each. My abs are feeling the yoga.

***

Notable Quote:

"Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward."--Soren Kierkegaard

Comments

Unknown said…
Rise above..your circumstances...my next blog is on don't look for the lost...but the found in Christ. :)
Thanks for writing!
Janelle

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward