Boo!


It's Halloween and that means the kids are going door-to-door collecting their Snickers bars. I'm not much into dressing up, but I do like to stay home and pass out candy. When I was growing up, I trick-or-treated for hours, filling up a paper grocery sack full before heading home and bartering for chocolate with my little brother, the candy vacuum.

I was afraid of a lot of things back then: the dark corner of our basement, roller coasters and monsters. Our church youth group would make a trip to Wichita every October to go through at least one haunted house. I don't know why I spent my babysitting money to let people scare the stuffing out of me. It's pretty tricky to run with your head down the whole way through a haunted house, but I managed to pull it off every year.

One thing I know for sure...fear is a thief. It robs me of space in my mind and peace in my heart. Panic is paralyzing, keeping me from moving forward in life's journey. A close relationship with God isn't possible with awful anxiety flooding my psyche. I choose to push all fear out of me and replace it with the all-powerful love of Christ.

Deuteronomy 20:3-4 (KJV)
3 And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;
4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.


***

One more week before the $25 Target gift card will be awarded to one lucky Female in Motion reader. Post a comment now on my blog post "What Am I Doing Here?" or on my FIM Facebook page. You could do all kinds of damage at Target with 25 bucks!

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 20-minute workouts with aerobics and balance games, then followed up with eight miles of jogging last week, at two miles per day. I am gaining confidence every week with my increased exercise. Interesting how that works!

***

Notable Quote:

"Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title."--From Scooby-Doo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward