I Doubt It


Matthew 14:28-31
"And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"


Doubt is one size fits all. It comes in many sizes, shapes and colors. Kind of like a Snuggie, I think. It covers and envelopes our bodies and spirits and hearts, shutting out the Light of the Savior. If we haven't dealt with doubt already in our lives, get ready. It's coming.

My big one is self-doubt. I don't think I can do anything, most of the time. That's how I know there is a God. Because without a truckload of prayer, Bible study and faith in God, I couldn't achieve any of my goals and dreams.

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."


Doubt is just another word for fear. Fear doesn't come from God. Fear comes from the devil. God is pleased when we fight against the fear of Satan. If we are doing something for God, don't let fear get the best of you. Do it anyway. Do it afraid.

***

Happy Independence Day! We set aside this day to honor our country and those who have fought so valiantly to protect its citizens and way of life. Let us always be grateful for their sacrifice and strive to maintain a worthy nation.

***

Momala's Book Club Pick: I am re-reading "Feisty Family Values" by B.D. Tharp. Every time I read this book, I find another nugget, treasure, meaty passage. What a privilege it is to know this author personally. She put her heart and soul into this work, and it shows. "Feisty" is published by Five Star Expressions, and is available at most area bookstores and at Amazon for $25.95 (hardcover) and $5.99 (Kindle edition). Four and a half out of five stars.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did three aerobic workouts this week, totaling 30 minutes each, and a 20-minute assortment of Wii sports, including hula hoop and step aerobics.

***

Notable Quote:

"Lord, how about I let you drive and I'll ride shotgun?"--spoken by Tillie, character in "Feisty Family Values" by B.D. Tharp, Kansas author.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love always trumps doubt. We must keep our focus. Always.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward