Hymns for Hers


"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace."

The words of this old British hymn, written in 1922 by Helen H. Lemmel, are some of the most heartfelt and compelling in praise of the Savior. This is one of my favorite hymns. I find myself humming it on days when I am stressed or sick or just out of sorts. It is so comforting to my soul.

I like to sing. It's something I've always done, starting when I was a mere tot and stretching up to the moment. The plays, programs, concerts and performances I have sung at are many and varied. But I always sang at church. It's something that is dear to my heart.

"Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" is a congregational hymn that I first heard in my home church many years ago. Someone requested that I try it as a solo, because it suited my range. Since then, I have sung it many times, and the words still pierce me. One of the most precious times that I sang this hymn was at the bedside of my dear father, as his time on earth drew to an end.

Hymns are a wonderful way to praise God and to show our joy and appreciation to Him for the blessings He has provided. I believe that the Lord loves to hear His people sing songs about Him and for Him. Even if your voice isn't that great. So sing out, folks!

***

Happy 30th Anniversary to the sweetest man in the world...The Hubster! I can't believe that 30 years have passed. We're still going strong and looking forward to our future.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four 30-minute disco aerobic workouts last week. It was nice to be back in the freshly-painted living room. There's a bigger area to spread out and really boogie!

***

Notable Quote:

"There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is."--William P. Merrill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward