Royally Spoiled

Most women hate birthdays. I revel in them! What better opportunity to grab a lot of attention and get nice gifts? Forgive me, Lord! Really, I want to thank everyone who sent me a card or message on Facebook or phone call on my birthday. Thanks also to my church family, who forced me to stand in front of them on Sunday morning while they sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It's a barbaric form of Baptist fun!

I am excited that I was blessed with a new dress and, wait for it...it's a size 14, ladies! That's right, the chick that's been wearing a size 16 for way too long now owns one royal blue dress in size 14. Okay, it's a jersey knit, don't give me a rough time! Is it vain that I'm way too excited about this?

***

To celebrate my birthday last week, I invited my family to meet me for lunch in Derby on Saturday. We ate at Good Fortune Chinese Restaurant on K-15. If you haven't tried it, be sure to put it on your list. They have a good lunch buffet and their menu items are heavenly. I love the Hunan Beef (spicy!) and Pepper Steak, while Rachel enjoyed the Beef and Broccoli. It was great to visit with the fam over a great meal and The Hubster baked a cake. Drew asked what kind of cake, and I replied if it's February, it must be German Chocolate!

***

Our pastor attended a conference at Independent Baptist College in Dallas, TX, last week. That meant he wasn't there to lead Bible Study at our church on Wednesday night. Pastor Whaley asked The Hubster to sub for him. The Hubster brought a great lesson about "The Final Generation." It's sad to think that the young people who are on this earth now may be the last generation of the human race. And they have no idea.

***

I received my 2010 Kansas Authors Club Yearbook in the mail today. One of the essays from my blog was published in it (True West Quest) and there was a write up about my speech to the District #3 KAC annual meeting last September. The Hubster and I looked through it with interest. He said, "Just think how far you've come in one year." He's right. I hobnob with authors, travel across the state to speak and share my writing with others and enter writing contests. Who do I think I am? I think maybe I am becoming a writer.

***

Notable Quote:

"Just think you're here not by chance, but by God's choosing. His hand formed you and made you the person you are. He compares you to no one else--you are one of a kind. You lack nothing that His grace can't give you. He has allowed you to be here at this time in history to fulfill His special purpose for this generation."--by Roy Lessin, Dayspring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward