Top 10 Reasons I Don't Do New Year's Resolutions

10. Failure is not an option! Thanks, Coach!

9. I never do group activities. Everybody is on a diet in January.

8. If I had plastic surgery, you all wouldn't recognize me!

7. God wants us to do the best we can all year 'round, not just try for a few weeks in January, then slough off the rest of the year.

6. I already exercise regularly and we're on a credit card diet. What else do you need?

5. If I went on one of those crazy diets and lost 100 pounds, all my friends would be green with envy and wouldn't want to hang out with me any more!

4. I beat myself up all year for things I'm not doing right, not just in January.

3. It's just so much fun to heckle everyone who is failing at their resolutions, while not being bogged down with my own.

2. Resolutions, schmezolutions...

1. If I just serve God and try to love Him more every day, then everything else will fall into place. Even if I'm chubby and have a tiny savings account, God still loves me just the way I am!

***

I am helping my sister, Donna, and her family to plan a family reunion for this summer. Although January seems early, when you're planning for 50 plus people to gather in one place at one time, early is good. So far we've made one decision...Branson. Everything else is up for grabs. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, I'm all ears!

***

Momala's Netflix Movie Pick: The Hubster and I watched "Up" on New Year's Eve. Run, do not walk to your computer and reserve a copy for yourself! This animated film by Pixar is one of the top films of the decade and has been nominated for three Grammy awards and two Golden Globes. It is rated PG for some dangerous situations, so I wouldn't recommend it for any child under 8. After a lifetime of dreaming of traveling the world, 78-year-old homebody Carl (voiced by Ed Asner) flies away on an unbelievable adventure, with Russell, an 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer (Jordan Nagai), unexpectedly in tow. Together, the unlikely pair embarks on a thrilling odyssey full of jungle beasts and rough terrain.

***

Exercise Update: I kept up with my aerobic workouts during the holidays, but failed to do my calisthenics. However, I am back at it with a vengeance this morning!

***

Notable Quote:

Lamentations 3:22-26 (KJV)
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [23] They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. [24] The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. [25] The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. [26] It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward