Fruits of My Labor...Day

When I was a kid, Labor Day was a time for household chores. We painted, we scrubbed, we swept. If we got a lot done, there was a cookout at the end of the day. I promised myself I would not labor on Labor Day once I grew up. Evidently, tidy is genetic, because I spent this weekend scrubbing and sweeping...with no painting.

***

The Hubster fixed a feast for Sunday lunch yesterday. He decided to call it "I Can't Wait for Thanksgiving" dinner. He roasted a turkey, made stuffing, gravy, green beans and a pumpkin cake for dessert. It was delicious, but we may be eating leftovers for a while. Any volunteers?

***

I spent a large chunk of time last week on a writing project. I write freelance stories for www.arkcityrevived.com (accent on free!). It is important for me to improve my skills as a writer. James Jordan, the editor of the website, is most gracious to help me in this endeavor. Not only does he post my stories, James also gives me constructive criticism.

My latest story is an interview with Grant Williams, a local poet. You will enjoy the piece. Not just because I wrote it, but because Grant is truly a unique and creative soul, blessed by God with a beautiful gift. It should be posted in a day or two. Watch for it and let me know what you think, when you read it. I appreciate it!

Ark City Revived is a good community website. It contains stories on public school and Cowley activities, sports, local government, arts, news and a calendar of events, along with a bunch of other stuff. James has a lot of columnists who contribute. I read the website every day. He also keeps a blog to allow others to comment on local events.

***

Exercise Update: I did three sets of hand-weight calisthenics and three aerobic workouts this week. Blast that Chris Freitag and her perfect abs!

***

Notable Quote:

Proverbs 1:7-9 (KJV)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward