Day of Possibilities

Monday is my day of possibilities. I always start the week out full of fire and ready to go. I have my "To Do" list in hand and I'm ready to take on a bear cat with a switch, or, at least, to get some stuff done. I start out Monday morning with a vengeance, but as the succeeding days come, I tend to get less done. By Saturday, I need a major injection of energy and spunk.

Today, I took all the trash out, vacuumed the entire first floor, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, ordered new bedding while it's on sale at Penney's, took care of the correspondence and phone calls for the business, cleaned cat boxes and cleaned and swept the kitchen. And that was after I went with The Hubster to Ponca City for a doctor's appointment. Look out, Wonder Woman, I'm hot on your heels!

A woman's work is never done, they say, whoever they are. I think that we all are busy and do a lot of stuff every day. I don't believe I am any different than anyone else. God gives us the strength to do what we can. A friend at church asked me how I got the courage to start a writer's group in Ark City. I don't know, I just saw a need in my life and wondered if anyone else felt that way. Turns out, they do!

The first meeting of the Cowley County Writer's Guild went really well. We had three there, plus the head librarian, Lianne, and a promise from three others to attend in the future. I will try to coordinate everyone's schedule and get the next meeting set up for August. By the way, you don't have to attend every meeting. It's a "drop-in" organization.

***

What do you think of my new Female In Motion icon? (See it below right) My daughter, Sarah, the graphics girl, designed this for me. I want to use it for my blog, but also for all my writing and correspondence. I hope it suits me. Thanks, Sarah!

***

The Fam and I tried out a new restaurant in west Wichita on Saturday. The Bella Luna Cafe is located in New Market Square, in front of the Super Target. It has a bistro feel, kind of hip, but comfortable. Their Mediterranean food is downright scrumptious. We ordered a hummus appetizer (I highly recommend!), and followed with dinner salads. The wait staff is on-the-ball and knowledgeable. Since it was Derek's birthday (Sarah's bf), he got a free red velvet cheesecake dessert.

***

Exercise Update:
I did better on the workouts this week. Four hand weight calisthenics sets and four aerobic workouts. I did have a couple of migraines, though. No fun at all!

***

Notable Quotes:
"This manuscript of yours that has just come back from another editor is a precious package. Don't consider it rejected. Consider that you've addressed it 'to the editor who can appreciate my work' and it has simply come back stamped 'not at this address'. Just keep looking for the right address."--Barbara Kingsolver

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."--Psalm 103: 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward