Potluck/Potpourri

Last week was epic. Mostly because I had a four-day migraine! Yup, that stupid thing just wouldn't go away. I tried Excedrin and Maxalt and ice packs and sleep and coffee and exercise and hot showers and cold showers and fresh air and warm, moist air and toughing it out and in the end, I just had to wait for it to go away. My daughter said I should have tried ice packs on the head while you soak your feet in hot water. Now she tells me! *sigh*

***

The Passover celebration at my church is on Wednesday. We had the rehearsal this evening, and you haven't lived until you've heard 20 Kansas Baptists trying to pronounce all those lovely Hebrew Passover words! In the end, we decided to minimize the Hebrew as much as possible and just use the English words. It is still going to be very respectful, very meaningful and we're all excited at the prospect of this new worship opportunity.

Have I mentioned how much I love the folks at Missionary Baptist Church? They just love to help and pitch in and they hardly ever complain! (And even if they do, it's funny!) We're all working on this Passover project together and it has been a lot of fun. Plus, we'll get some great memories out of it.

We had six first-time visitors at our church on Sunday. Wow! We have visitors often, but usually not six on one stormy Sunday. We had two sweet young couples and one young father and his adorable six-year-old son. One man mentioned as he left that he had never felt more welcome in a church. He couldn't believe that everyone came by to shake his hand. Gee, I thought everybody did that, not just us!

Easter is next Sunday and we're all excited in my house. Our church has a sunrise service (6:30 a.m.), followed by a yummy potluck breakfast. Then we all run home to change into church clothes, and return in time for Sunday School and morning worship (9:45 a.m.). After that, The Hubster and I go home and collapse in a heap!

***

Exercise update: Even though I had The Migraine of The Century, I still walked on the treadmill three days last week, and did calisthenics with hand weights four days, as well. Sometimes, exercise will help with a migraine, if it's not too far along. Otherwise, you will still have a migraine and also feel guilty about not exercising. Which would you rather have?

***

Quote:

Exodus 6:6-8 (KJV)
"Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: [7] And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. [8] And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward