Here You Go!


Have you heard that phrase a little too often lately? It's fascinating to me, but "here you go" is the new euphemism for "thank you." Um...correct me if I'm wrong here, but when did anything trump a nice, sincere thank you?

You hear it all the time now, in the grocery store, Wal-Mart, the drive-thru window, the drug store, etc. The Hubster and I have made a game of counting the phrase. When did customer service get to be so lackadaisical? I don't think you should blame it on the younger generation, either. Who's training these people?

If we all got together, maybe we could start something big--a good manners revolution, if you will. Arkansas City could be known as the little town with the big manners. People would be thanking each other left and right: cashiers could thank patrons for shopping in their establishments, patrons could thank cashiers for their good service, teachers could thank students for their attentiveness and students could thank teachers for their leadership. Even pastors could thank their congregations for their kind attention, while congregations could thank pastors for their hours of study and reflection. Think about it!

In the FitZone world, I have made a major modification to my workout. Instead of 25-30 minutes on the elliptical machine per workout, I have now succeeded in working out for 25 minutes on the elliptical machine ON RESISTANCE LEVEL 2! That's right, no more lowest rung on the ladder for me! Pathetic, you say? I like to think that it's twice as hard as LEVEL 1!

On a personal note, my beautiful (and sassy!) daughter Sarah turned 25 last Friday. Impossible, I know, for a raving beauty like me to have such a mature daughter. She is everything I wish I was: smart, ambitious, artistic and a lot of fun to be around. The whole family had fun celebrating the occasion. We partied at Old Town in Wichita. Which means, we ate dinner and had fancy coffee afterward. What fun! She got a lot of good loot, too. (See above photo.) By the way, Sarah said "thank you" for all her gifts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward