Progress!

Okay, I think I'm starting to make some progress with this exercise thing. I just got back from FitZone this morning, and I feel stronger, more powerful. Maybe it's just me!

I can now make it through three cycles of circuit training! Okay, the last time around I have to bargain with myself to make it to the next station...but I'm doing it! And I'm not one of those girls who barely break a sweat. I sweat like a pig! At least I know I'm doing something.

Today, this muscle-bound jughead stuck his head around the curtain.

What is this place?" he asked, grinning.

"Women only!" I puffed, in between reps.

"No kidding!" he marveled.

I wanted to say something snarky, but I was too exhausted to bother.

"Yup," I exhaled.

"Wow!" he answered. Some people are simply brilliant! I think the curtain was just too much for him. He's probably the type that peeks in his friend's cupboards, too.

Oh, yeah, I talked to Amy last week. She is obsessed with the new elliptical machines at FitZone. She's up to 20 minutes per day already. It helps that they have headphones for the TV, so you can watch your favorite show, or whatever. I want to try one of them, but I'm afraid I might fall off. Coordination is not exactly my strong suit!

I've been working on increasing the amount of repetitions I do per station, especially the upper body ones. I don't know about all women, but I have that flappy arm thing going on. Strange, because my grandmothers had that, and I thought it was charming! Not nearly so much on myself, though. Ugh!

Since the first of April, I have gone down two dress sizes. I wasn't sleeping well, and I had weekly migraines. Now, I'm a size 16, sleep like a log (or a dog, or a frog!), and I only have one migraine a month. Yea! I'd say that's progress.

I want to keep it up, though. I haven't been smaller than a size 16 since my oldest daughter was a toddler. She's 24 now...yeah, I have some work to do. I have taken baby weight to a whole new level!

"Project Carol" is in full swing now. If you have any questions, please email me, or post a comment here. Otherwise, I will continue to blather on about all sorts of inane minutiae!

Comments

Me said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said…
Hi,

I like your arms!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward