My First Blog!

Hi, Everybody! Welcome to my new blog! It's called "Female in Motion" because that's the name of the place I work out every morning. FIM is located inside FitZone in my hometown. I am really excited about this new place, and the opportunity I have to get fit and meet a lot of nice folks!



First of all, I'm not a fitness fanatic! I'm a normal 45-year-old woman. I am a Female in Motion, as most of us are, because I do a lot of things every day. I am a wife, mom, and partner in a small business. I need a lot of energy to do all the things I have to do every day, and working out seems to help.



The machines at FIM are really great, and circuit training works really well for me. I work up a really good sweat and all my muscle groups are involved. Plus, it only takes 30 minutes! There is fun music playing, and a voice prompt reminds you to move to the next station every 30 seconds. Hey, I can stand anything for 30 seconds! Amy Turner is the manager of the FIM area, and she's an expert in motivation/cheerleading/circuit machines.



Today (Monday, 8/13/2007) is the grand opening for the new FIM/FitZone, so don't forget to call Pat Simmons, the owner of FitZone, soon to set up an appointment and take a look for yourself. You can join just the FIM part of the gym, or the whole gym for an additional fee. There's a lot to offer: treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, showers, the works!



FitZone is located at 1817 North Summit Street, Arkansas City, KS, 67005. The phone number is (620) 442-4100. By the way, it's open 24 hours a day. I hope to see you there!



Stay tuned for lots more info about my workouts, my kids, The Hubster (my husband!), my cats and my life! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll never know what I'll say next!



Talk to you soon!



Carol

Comments

Jacque said…
Hey Carol -- I didn't know you were such a techie nerd! :) How cool is that? I'll look forward to reading all of your happenings.
Jacque
cindy said…
GOODJOB Carol saw hubby is he working too? Iwish i could join you but gas makes it to far for me. When i was going to the gym, your right it makes you feel good.Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward