A Prayer for Rest

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

Psalm 46:1-3 (KJV) God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.



Blessed Savior,

This world is in turmoil, a medical crisis has overtaken our consciousness and life is upended. I don't know what to do and I don't know what's going to happen. 

Lord, I just want control over all of this and that is simply not possible now. Actually, when I am honest with myself, I have control over very little in my life or the world. So I pray You to help me open my hands and release my will into Yours.

You are with us, even in this current storm. And You can use this, to shape our will and strengthen our faith.

May this current suffering develop in us deeper compassion for others and to easily distinguish between needs and desires. I want to examine my selfish motivations, to use this opportunity to pursue stillness, reflection, and peace.

Pray, Lord, grant us rest for our weary souls.

In Christ's precious name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

"Before you complain today, be grateful you have breath to complain with."--LeCrae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward