Sharing a Recipe

Courtesy of the JavaCupcake Blog

Last month was my boss' birthday. His favorite candies are Snickers and Rolos, so I determined in my mind to find the perfect birthday cake that had all the best elements of those confections.

If you know me at all, you know I'm busy and try to do what I can in the most efficient way. So I found myself in the baking aisle of Dillons. And there it was. A Betty Crocker Delights Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix. And I knew what I had to do.

While searching Pinterest for a quick and simple frosting recipe, I ran across this peanut butter masterpiece by the JavaCupcake blog--so light, so fluffy, so decadent!

Once I chopped up a bunch of Snickers bars and dropped on some Rolos, the cake was perfect. The way my co-workers inhaled it, I knew it was a hit.

I tried the new recipe again, which I have named Candy Bar Cake, at a church dinner last weekend. Again to rave reviews. Friends begged for the recipe, so now I share it with all of you. 

Oh, yeah--I haven't had a piece of that cake yet. It's that popular. Go ahead, share it with friends.

Candy Bar Cake

Prepare a Betty Crocker Delights Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix according to package directions. I use a 9x13 pan, greased only on the bottom. Allow the cake to completely cool and dry as much as possible--at least four hours. Prepare the peanut butter buttercream frosting. I substituted 2 percent milk for the heavy cream. Frost the cake slowly and carefully, then add the chopped candy of your choice. 

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
courtesy of the JavaCupcake blog

Soften two sticks of unsalted butter. Cream with one heaping cup of Jif peanut butter for two minutes until the color lightens. Add three cups powdered sugar, one cup at a time to the two kinds of butter, while beating on medium for at least two minutes. After scraping the sides of the bowl, add 1/2 cup heavy cream and beat until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and beat to combine. Use immediately.

***

Notable Quote:

"Never be afraid of giving up your best, and God will give you His better."--James Hinton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward