Fighting For Faith

Jude 1:3 (KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.


When I was younger, I avoided conflict at all costs. I once slipped a letter of resignation under the office door of my former boss to dodge an uncomfortable conversation. This may be difficult to believe, because I'm so sociable now.

In the passage from Jude, the apostle encourages us to "contend for the faith."

Some days, faith comes pretty easy. Those valley days, though. They make me have to fight every step of the way. When faith is an uphill battle, I try to remember that God is enough. He's stronger and more powerful than any foe.

I just need to remember to put my faith in the Savior's capable hands.

***

Notable Quote:

"Faith is not without worry or care, but faith is fear that has said a prayer."--Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward