In My Father's House

Castle Howard, North Yorkshire, England
Fathers Day was yesterday. In our house, it passes quietly; just the way The Hubster likes it. We went to church. Had some lunch and a nap. Our daughter called and they had a nice conversation. It was a nice day--just hanging around the house.

My Sunday School class discussed the 23rd Psalm. I love the imagery the Word proclaims, but more than that, I love the promise of what lies in store for us in our Father's House. The Bible contains many assertions of what is in store for us in Heaven. Here are a few.

In my Father's House:

1. There are many mansions (John 14:2)
2. There is bread enough, and to spare (Luke 15:17)
3. I am protected (Psalm 23:4)
4. There is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11)
5. There is music (I Chronicles 6:31)
6. God has prepared it (Genesis 24:31)
7.  We are blessed there (Genesis 39:5)
8. We will eat the first fruits (Numbers 18:13)
9. There are treasures (I Kings 7:51)
10: I will live there forever (Psalms 23:6)

***

Notable Quote:

"We talk about Heaven being so far away. It is within speaking distance to those who belong there."--D.L. Moody 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward