Sing a Song

Psalm 66:1-2 (KJV) Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.


I was asked recently if I know the words to every Christmas carol ever written. Probably not...but I do know a lot of them. Singing has always been a big part of my life.

One of my earliest memories is standing behind the piano bench as my mother played Christmas carols. Her love of music was passed down to me and I developed it into a lifelong passion. Whether I'm performing in a huge production or just humming to myself, I surround myself with music. It's as natural as breathing.

God placed this passion in my soul. It feeds me. I am grateful that He gave me this gift. Others have gifts of leadership, teaching, preaching, and a million other things.

Isn't it just like our Heavenly Father to bless us with a talent that gives us such joy?

***

Notable Quote:

"A musician is not recommended for playing long, but for playing well; it is obeying God willingly, that is accepted; the Lord hates that which is forced, it is rather a tax than an offering. Cain served God grudgingly; he brought his sacrifice, not his heart."--Thomas Watson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward