It's Not You...It's Him

Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

I have been on this planet for nearly 55 years, and I still haven't figured out this relationship thing. Being close to my husband, daughters, family, friends and church family is vital, but I don't always get it right...or even nearly right.

Have you ever felt like there was a love deficit in your life? For me, I've noticed that is when I've been phoning in my prayer and devotion time. There have been times when I have not been a good friend, or when my big mouth should have stayed shut.

As long as my relationship with Christ is solid and intimate, it seems that my human relationships are better, too. When you're willing to invest the time in truly getting to know Someone, the dividends are peace, contentment and joy.

Human relationships don't always go perfectly, nor do they last forever. If I look to God for His perfect love, He will supply close and Godly friends.

One goal I have for the future is to listen twice as much as I speak...to my friends and my Savior.

***

Notable Quote:
 
James 4:8 (KJV) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward