Draw Close to Me, God

Psalm 102:1-11 (KJV) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily. For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth. My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread. By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin. I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert. I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top. Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping, Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down. My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.


Prayer sometimes feels like the last thing you want to do, when words are too hard, and the emotions well up and spill over your face.

Will God hear my prayer?

Will God answer my prayer?

He seems so far away, in Heaven. I feel so alone--here on Earth. Be honest with your Heavenly Father; voice your doubts.We just can't see a way out, but God doesn't have our view. He has a bigger picture in mind.

Prayer is not an instant fix--God is no genie. The practice of prayer and submission to Christ is where the magic lies.

Psalm 102:17 He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.


When failure and disappointment point their ugly fingers at you, allow the sacrifice of faith in the power of prayer to lift your spirit.

The Savior is waiting.

***

Notable Quote:

"God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them." ~Author Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward