Diva



1 Peter 1:24 (KJV) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
Since I’ve been spending the week with my mom in Derby, I’ve missed The Hubster, my home, my kitties and my own bed. Of course, the bed I sleep in during the week was my own bed for the first 19 years of my life.

When The Hubster and I get in bed every night, our female cat, Mimi, gets in between us. She kneads the covers, noses under them if it’s cold, and proceeds to settle in. After much petting and sweet words, she begins the nightly purring. For a little cat, she has an extra-large purr motor. It lulls me to sleep.

She doesn’t like to share…the bed or us. If another cat dares to jump up, Mimi bullies them off in a big hurry. She wants our undivided love and attention.

I can understand her fear. Being the center of attention is nice, and we all want to be loved. Adoration from others is fleeting and fickle, however. It can’t be prolonged or manipulated. We can paw and preen, or even chase competitors away, all for naught. The world’s fame is counterfeit.

We have always been, and continue to be rock stars in God’s eyes. He places the highest esteem on our hopes and dreams, and listens to every tiny prayer. We have His undivided attention, every second of every day of our lives. God’s love is the genuine article. Accept no substitutes.

***

Notable Quote:

“A people that values its privileges above it principles soon loses both.”—Dwight D Eisenhower, first inaugural address, January 20, 1953

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward