The Odyssey

Last week, I related to you that I was in the hospital with cellulitis. My condition is slowly improving, so I thought I would share with you an update.

I was released from the hospital last Wednesday, but required to return twice daily, at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., to receive IV antibiotics. Other than that, I am on bedrest.  Before I left the hospital, they surgically implanted a PICC line into my left arm, so that I can receive infusions without further damage to my over-taxed veins.

The antibiotic treatments last 2 to 2 1/2 hours, plus travel time, so it is a large daily commitment. Folks from my church have been helping The Hubster with the driving duties.

I am left weak, with little energy, but grateful to be making progress. I know God is with me, and I feel the prayers from all directions, lifting me to health.

1 Timothy 2:1 (KJV)  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward