Female in Motion Rerun #1

  (This post debuted on Monday, May 20, 2013)

 Let My Burdens Go



 Psalm 55:22 (KJV) Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee.

Stuff. Worries. Burdens. We all have things we carry...on our backs and in our hearts. Whether you have loads of burdens or just one big, bulky boulder, they are heavy.

Some people say I carry a lot of burdens. I just finished treatment for breast cancer. The Hubster suffers with a chronic blood cancer. Our 16-year-old data processing business has taken some very hard blows this year.

Life here on earth is unsure. I may be cancer-free the rest of my life, or it may recur. The Hubster may outlive his illness. We have loved ones who have fought cancer and won; we have lost others that we held so dear. Our business may bounce back and become stronger than ever, or I may have to go out and pound the pavement for a new job.

I know this for sure. No matter how much I worry, or stay up at night, or even wring my hands...I have no power to change the future. It's in God's capable hands. Life may batter you with blow after blow, but you are not in this fight alone.

What burdens do you carry? 
When we share our worries with others, it helps to lighten the load of care.

What do you gain by bearing it alone?
A passage in the book of Galatians instructs us to carry one another's woes.

Why not carry it to the foot of the Cross...and leave it there?
What have you got to lose, but a whole bunch of unnecessary weight on your soul?

Let's pray:

Keeper of my soul: My mind and heart are full of the cares of this life tonight, and I know it's too much for me. I can't carry this load alone. So I will share with others my fears and I will ultimately lay these burdens down at Your feet. Prayer comforts my soul like no other balm. I am confident in my future with You. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV)  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward