My Prayer is Bigger Than Your Prayer

This is our tuckered-out selfie!
1 Kings 8:28 (KJV) Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:


Is there such a thing as a big prayer request, or a small prayer request? Is there any petition too large for God? Or too tiny for him to mess with?

In my younger days, I would say to myself, "I won't bother God with this small matter. I'll just take care of it myself."

Our Heavenly Father doesn't weigh and measure our prayers, selecting some as "top priority" and others further down the list. Every one is important to Him.

In Jeremiah 32, God asks the ultimate question, "Is anything to hard for me?" Perhaps we need to change our mindset on prayer. They are not "favors" we beg from the Savior.

When we limit, or quantify, our requests, we create mortal constraints on God. He is limitless...infinite...immortal. Allow Him to show you all of who He is.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: The Hubster and I are at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences' Myeloma Institute this week. (Don't worry, our housesitter can handle herself!) We are here for a second opinion and consultation with the world's leading myeloma expert. The medical tests are painful, the meetings are long and we haven't gotten much rest. But the Chinese place next door delivers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward