A Simple Prayer

Psalm 4:1 (KJV) Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Tonight, instead of offering words to you, I want to offer a prayer to our Savior.

Heavenly Father, I am so grateful for the blessings and mercy You shower down on my life and the lives of those I love. Thank You for surrounding me with so many wonderful friends and family members.

Please forgive me for my failings and guide me in Your straight path. 

My heart is heavy today, God, because so many I love are hurting. Many of my friends are caring for elderly and ill parents, spouses with serious and chronic diseases, or children that are gravely sick. There are empty places at our tables tonight, Lord. We miss our loved ones who have gone before us to Heaven. Cancer is cutting down our best and brightest souls. There are race riots, terrorist attacks and violent crimes in all our communities.

We are struggling. Jesus, we need Your help.

Draw us to Your side, Lord, and give us Your comfort. We ache to be in Your presence and to hear sweet words of encouragement and hope from Your lips. Even when it's hard, Father, we choose to place our trust in Your capable hands. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

***

Notable Quote:

"Prayer is warfare. Just getting there is half the battle. Staying there is the other half."--Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward