Where Are You Taking Me?



Psalm 139:7-10 (KJV)
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Beginnings and endings. Today, I started a new job. It's the first new position I've had in almost 17 years. While I am excited at the promise of this new adventure and all it entails, I'm a little sad to leave the old business behind. That's the case with almost every fresh start; we must depart from the old and familiar. 
In order to set out on a new path, you must drop the hands of old friends, co-workers and even family members. That is a painful reality. The caterpillar has to be willing to leave his old self behind in order to spread his butterfly wings. 
The important thing to remember, is that Jesus is by our side. I can work a job in Wichita or Timbuktu. I can travel to Ponca City or Bora Bora. I can stay in Ark City my entire life, or flit from continent to continent, never staying in one place. Christ is my constant companion.
 It doesn't matter if I'm fabulously successful, or faceplant in front of the entire staff. God still holds my hand. If Jesus lives in our hearts, we carry Him with us, wherever we go.
 ***
Female in Motion Health Update: I will be commuting back and forth to my new job in Wichita.  It means a sacrifice of time spent with The Hubster, but a new opportunity for me. So far, I LOVE the job.
 ***
 Notable Quote:
 
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. --St. Augustine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward