Summer of Simplicity: Bucket List

Isaiah 32:18 (KJV) And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.




When winter snows fly, I like curling up at home with a novel under a cozy quilt, but when the heat of summer sets in, my first instinct is to pack up and go.

Summer vacations during my childhood were two-week tours of National Parks, for the most part. Just the six of us, packed like sardines into an un-air-conditioned Ford Falcon station wagon. Surprisingly, I have many happy memories of those trips. In fact, before I leave this planet, I want to visit all the National Parks, and a bunch of other places.

Most of my personal Bucket List items are travel-related. That's just who I am--busy and on the go. This summer, however, I'm trying to take things slow. Some days I'm more successful than others.
 
Here's some ideas for your family's Summer Bucket List:

1. Run through the sprinklers.
2. Sleep in.
3. Movie marathon.
4. Catch fireflies.
5. Star gazing.
6. Picnic in the park (or backyard, front porch, Grandma's house).
7. Flashlight tag.
8. Library trips.
9.  Visit a zoo, amusement park, or county fair.
10. Make your own music video or movie.

When you and your family are having fun working on your own Summer Bucket List, please snap some photos and send them to me. I'll post them on my blog and Facebook fan page. The Hubster and I will do the same.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: Still sending out resumes--no interviews yet. God has a plan. I believe it. The Hubster's brother's memorial service is Saturday. We would appreciate prayers for the family.

***

Notable Quote:

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."--James Dent

Comments

We just did a picnic in the park on Monday. I will FB the image to your account!
Wonderful, Sharon! Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward