Be Quiet


1 Thessalonians 4:9-12 (KJV) But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.


It was so quiet. There was no sound at all...no birds chirping, no voices around me, nothing but stillness. It was remarkably peaceful and I had no sense of fear. I lay on that high school soccer field for what seemed like hours, but was more likely moments. And then I gasped, rolled over onto my belly, and coughed until my breath came back to me. The ball that had knocked me down was now in the hands of the referee, who was standing over me, smiling. "You okay?" he asked.

I've always wanted to be a quiet, thoughtful person, but I'm not. I'm loud and fun, with big emotions. No matter what kind of person you are, anyone can show brotherly love toward others. If we follow God's Word, He will show us how to express our love in constructive, quiet ways.

The more I open my heart to Jesus, the more I learn about how to serve and care for others. When I stay focused on people who need a kind word or deed, I take my eyes off myself and the little cares I possess. God promises we will lack nothing when we have a heart to serve.

 It was so quiet. There was no sound at all...no machine throbbing, no voices around me, nothing but stillness. It was remarkably peaceful and I had no sense of fear. I lay on that hospital MRI table for what seemed like moments, but was more likely an hour. And then I opened my eyes, the machine rolled me out and I breathed deeply for the first time. The technician was standing over me, smiling. "You okay?" he asked.

 Yeah, I feel great.

***
Female in Motion Health Update: I'm taking baby steps toward getting my life back on track. I got my hair cut for the first time in a year. I added vegetables to my junk food diet. I started reading a novel that had been on my shelf for a year.

***
Notable Quote:

"Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. Expect unexpected things, above all that we ask or think. Each time, before you Intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!"--Andrew Murray

Comments

Ginny Marie said…
Yay for vegetables and quiet moments!
Thanks, Ginny Marie! Quiet moments are vital. Come to think of it, so are veggies!
Yea on a new hair cut. Doesn't it make you feel wonderful? I love quiet time. Makes me feel closer to nature and God.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward