Liebster Blog Award

One of my favorite bloggers, This Busy Life, has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. "Liebster" means "favorite" or "dearest" in German, where the honor started. While it's actually more of a type of chain letter, the origins are pure of heart. Small-time bloggers support each other through the Liebster Award. And so, I will accept in the same way I was selected, kindly.

The rules for this award  state that you answer 11 questions asked of you by the blogger who gave you this award, nominate 5-11 other bloggers, generate 11 questions for your nominees, then contact them.

Following are the questions I was given by This Busy Life, and my answers:

Question: How long have you been blogging?
FIM: Next week is Female in Motion's sixth blogaversary!

Question: What do you love about blogging?
FIM: I love to write, but more than that, I love how God uses mere words to touch hearts. 

Question: Are you an early bird or a night owl?
FIM: The Hubster can attest, I'm a night owl. I have no power of speech until at least 9 a.m.

Question: What are you passionate about?
FIM: Spreading the gospel of Christ and showing women the incredible plans God has for their lives.

Question: What would you like to be doing in 10 years?
FIM: I'm not interested in retiring, so I would like to be writing books, blogging and speaking to women in churches all over the country. There are so many women that have no idea how much they are loved.

Question: What are you reading?
FIM: Besides my nightly devotions with Daily Guideposts, I'm currently reading, An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor and Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst.

Question: What was the last movie you saw? Did you like it? Why or why not?
FIM: The Hubster and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary in July by going to see "Red 2" in Wichita at the Warren Theater with our dear friends, the Sweets. We had seen the first Red and were thrilled that this one was great, too. Comedy/action films are our favorite.

Question: What's your favorite food?
FIM: I'm a Kansas girl, so my favorite celebration food is ribeye steak, salad and baked potato. But really, anything The Hubster cooks, I love.

Question: What is the biggest challenge you've had to overcome in the past year?
FIM: Most people would think that my battle with breast cancer would be the toughest thing I've faced in the last year, but I believe that a much bigger challenge has been the tough times our business is going through, and building it back from the ground up.

Question: What is the greatest joy you've experienced this past year?
FIM: That's an easy one! God has blessed me with incredible love and support from my family and a huge amount of friends who prayerfully helped me through every step of my cancer journey. I feel closer to the Savior now than I ever have in my entire life. He is so precious to me.

Question: Would you like to go back to school to study? If yes, what would you study?
FIM: Literature and writing have always been my two biggest loves. If I had the time and money, I would love to finish my bachelor's degree.

My nominees:

1. Marla's Lemonade Stand
2. Chance Scoggins
3. Janelle Keith
4. I Dream of Clean
5. Laugh With Us Blog
6. The Girl Who Blogs
7. Family Travels on a Budget
8. Mom on the Range
9. Erin Perry O'Donnell
10. Samantha LaFantasie

My questions:

1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What is your favorite subject to write about?
3. Where do you get your inspiration?
4. Books or e-readers?
5. What is your favorite Bible verse?
6. Do you have any other artistic gifts, besides writing?
7. If money and time were no object, where is one place in the world you would like to visit?
8. If you could live inside the story of your favorite book, which one would it be?
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Who was your favorite teacher?
11. What is your favorite quote?

Your participation is not mandatory, but it sure would be fun! Thanks, This Busy Life, for including me. Happy Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward