Summer of Psalms: The End

Psalm 39:4-5 (KJV) LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am. Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.

I enjoy happy endings. The hero kisses the girl. The best friends ride off into the sunset. The good guys win.

When I read a book or see a film that has an unsatisfying conclusion, I hunger to "fix" it, by rewriting it in my head or even on paper.

We all have choices, of how we live. Very few of us have a choice of how we die, though. For me, it is more important to fill my days with love and people and my relationship with God. He gives me a daily dose of grace to pour into others His love and understanding.

I am humbled and grateful at where He has placed me; this time, these people, this life. Whatever the end is, whenever that might be, I pray for peace and significance...and a satisfying conclusion.

***

Notable Quote:

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."--Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward