Live With Joy

Psalm 32:11 (KJV) Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.


"You don't mind looking silly, do you?" a co-worker asked me today.

I smiled and said, "No, actually I prefer it." (I was wearing a jaunty chapeau for Hat Day.)

She chuckled. "I like that about you."

Last week, I turned 55. And it was the fifth anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis. I'm still here. I'm still living and working and loving my life.

Joy is something I strive for every day. Usually, I achieve the goal. But there's always room for improvement. Stress, fear, doubt and worry have no place in our lives. We need to cling to His power, not cobble together our own "good enough" plan.

Follow Him.
Listen to Him.
Live with joy.

***

Notable Quote:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward