The Withered Tree

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (KJV) Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Problems were pretty basic when I was younger, and even when I was a young parent. Something would come up, I prayed about it, and God solved the problem. Simple, right?

But God isn't a genie, and everything can't be resolved in a flash. Sometimes, God doesn't change the circumstances. Instead, He changes our perspective.

How we handle what has been handed to us is the true test of our faith. Is it an active, vibrant thing, or superficial and lifeless?

I can't control what happens in my life, but I can control how I react. A positive outlook and faithful determination will keep me moving forward in my walk with Christ.

***

Notable Quote:

In a rapidly ascending balloon were two men.
One watched the earth getting farther and farther away.
One watched the stars getting nearer and nearer.
~George Jean Nathan, "Viewpoint," A Book Without a Title, 1918

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward