A New Journey

These pennies were found by The Hubster on the day he went to the oncologist's office.
 Psalm 62:8 (KJV) Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. 

 The Hubster learned from his oncologist last week that his cancer has progressed and it is time for him to begin treatment. There are only a handful of hospitals in the United States that do the type of specialty treatment that he requires, so we will be seeking second opinions and praying for God's guidance.

We know that God will be with us each step of the way, and only He can provide our needs. In the flesh, I  don't see how this can work, but I know that our Heavenly Father will not abandon His children.

Now, just because I know that God is with us, that doesn't mean my emotions haven't been all over the map this week. I have been scared, shaken, sick to my stomach...and numb. God seemed so far away. And then I realized it had been five days since I had read my morning devotions and other than "Have mercy, Lord!", I hadn't spent much time in prayer.

The prayers of our family, friends and other loved ones will sustain and encourage us as we face this challenge. This week, I will endeavor to remember:

1. God is in control.
2. Fear is not from God.
3.There is a lesson to be learned.
4. I have a choice to worry or trust God.

***

Notable Quote:

"The person who bears and suffers evils with meekness and silence, is the sum of a Christian man."--John Wesley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward