One Pearl of Great Price

Matthew 13:45-46 (KJV) Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.


Someone special to me lost a young friend to suicide this week. She had been tortured by bullying, and lost hope. My heart cries out to anyone who feels they have no alternative to the pain they have endured.

There's an old story about a college professor that taught his class an important object lesson by removing a crisp $20 bill from his wallet.When he asked who wanted it, every student's hand was raised. The instructor crumpled the bill into a tiny ball. "Now, who wants it?" he asked. Every hand came back up. Finally, the wise man threw it on the floor, grinding it with his heel, until it was covered with dirt. He asked, "Anyone still want it?" Every hand remained in the air.

No matter what kind of life it has lead, a $20 bill still has value. Just like us. With His death on the cross, our Savior paid for all our sins. Each and every life is valuable in the eyes of our loving Father.

 The challenges we have been through, the bad days, sickness, loss, depression..all build up layers of maturity in our faith, until we are a lustrous, perfect pearl. Instead of asking "Why me?" I have started asking:

What can I learn from this?
What are You trying to teach me?
How can I help others with this knowledge?

We are wondrously loved by an omnipresent Creator. Pressure will produce a gem or dust...it's up to you and God.

***

Female in Motion Health Update: I am loving this spring weather! Today, I didn't wear my long johns, and I was warm all day long.

***

Notable Quote:

Job 28:18 (KJV) No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward