Christmas Roundup




I just got home from a Christmas Concert. I've been saying that a lot lately, because it's been happening a lot lately. I've been to the high school jazz band concert, the middle school band concert, the Cowley College Vespers Concert, the middle school choir concert and the high school choir concert. That's a lot of singing!

There were three versions of "Silent Night," two types of "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas" and even a Caribbean Christmas carol. I heard several of my favorites: "Carol of the Bells," "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "I Wonder As I Wander." It just doesn't seem like Christmas until I hear one of those.

***

The Hubster and I attended the Kansas Writers Association Christmas Party on Saturday afternoon. It was potluck, with a book gift exchange, "Dirty Santa" style. I enjoyed introducing my husband to all my writer friends. They're all so cool! In the photo above, I'm discussing business cards with new member Samantha LaFantasie (yes, that's her real name!).

***

After the KWA party, The Hubster and I dropped down to Derby to visit my mom. She had cooked up a great dinner and invited us and Sarah and Derek to come eat and decorate her Christmas tree. We had such a good time, talking about wedding plans for Sarah and Derek and telling old family Christmas stories.

***

Amidst all the hubbub of church dinners and parties and cards and wrapping gifts and cooking, I have gotten a bit stressed. So I will grab my Bible tonight and read the old, old story in Luke, and center myself. "Rest in Me," He bids. And so I will.

***

Female in Motion Exercise Update: I did four aerobic workouts last week. I hadn't weighed myself in a month. When I did today, I was down three more pounds. Maybe I'll do that more often.

***

Notable Quote:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."--Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward