Gershwin, he's not!

I went to a play on Sunday afternoon. It was a musical, "Disney's Beauty & The Beast." I went alone. Usually, I take a friend or family member. Except The Hubster. He never goes. He's...The Musical Hater!!!

I don't know how long he's detested musicals, but I've been married to him for 26.97 years, so it's been a while. Maybe I'll call his mom and ask if he had some sort of musical-related trauma as a child. The Hubster says that musicals are great plays that are ruined by "all that singing." I have found one epic musical film that has been revered down through the ages, and he loves it. "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol." Yep, he's a Renaissance man!

By the way, Beauty & The Beast was awesome! It was a fundraiser by Marquee Performing Arts Center, the movie theater renovation project in Winfield. There was a huge cast and crew, including lots of folks I went to Southwestern College with, and lots of young people from Ark City and Winfield. My young, talented friend Jessica Coldwell was in the play and also served as stage manager and props mistress. That's a lot of work!

***

A cute baby kitten appeared in our garage on Saturday morning. She was so sweet and affectionate! After giving her lots of hugs and kisses and naming her Mimi, The Hubster and I took her out to the Cowley County Humane Society. We hope she will be adopted by some love-starved human soon. If not, we will bring her back home with us. Because we so desperately need YET ANOTHER CAT!!!

***

The Hubster has a new project that he's been working on this summer. Yeah, he doesn't have nearly enough to do! It's an email publication called "Bible Tech Newsletter." The electronic tome contains lots of interesting news items you won't see in mass media outlets, with a bit of a Biblical bent. Like the new technology breakthrough from Cisco called "Telepresence." It's like a holographic image, only much, much more. Exciting stuff!

If you want a copy, let me know, and I'll give your email address to The Hubster.

***

Next week: Dish on Carol and The Hubster's big anniversary celebration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Your Neighbor

Summer of Simplicity: Lift Someone Up

Bravely Onward